What are the symptoms of a weak bladder?

I'm a woman, age 38, and I'd like to know what symptoms I'd develop if I have a weak bladder. I know that I have to urinate a lot more frequently than most people, but this doesn't necessarily tell me that my bladder is weak. Couldn't it just be smaller than the average person's?
Frequent urination is not in and of itself a sign of a 'weak bladder.' Many people urinate more frequently simply because of personal variation or because they drink more fluids, including fluids that cause urine production like coffee, than others. Since that are more consistent with a 'weak bladder' include urinary urgency, or the sensation that one must run to the bathroom, and leakage of urine. The causes of a 'weak bladder' are multiple. One very common cause is weakening of the muscles of the pelvic floor after childbirth. The weakened pelvic floor muscles can often be remedied through the performance of strengthening, or Kegel, exercises. Another different cause of these symptoms can be bladder spasm, which can often be remedied by one of several anti-spasm medications prescribed by your doctor. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular condition will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor might be indicated.

Other Urologists