What causes skin growth on the urethra?

What causes skin to grow on the urethra? I'm an age 24 male, and I've been having what I could only describe as a small patch of skin growing out over my urethra. It hasn't caused any problems yet, but if this continues, it could block off my urethra which I obviously can't let happen. What should I do?
Growths on the penis and around the urethra of obviously concerning for many people. The doctors who will be able to discuss this issue with you in greater detail include your primary care doctor or your urologist. The most common kind of skin growth on the penile shaft at near the opening of the urethra would be a genital warts. Warts are sexually transmitted infections caused by the human papilloma virus. They are usually fleshy, irregular, painless skin growths attached over a wide base. Other conditions which could cause skin growth around the urethra include lichen sclerosis which can lead to scarring at the tip of the penis and difficulty passing urine. There can be other causes for urethral strictures as well, the most common being a history of trauma to the area in the past. Regardless, a growth in this sensitive area will probably need to be removed so that it does not interfere with the passage of urine. A urologist would be the specialist best able to perform this procedure. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular condition will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor or a urologist is strongly recommended.
Find doctors and make appointments online!
(Dermatologist, Dentist, etc.)
(Zip, City, State)