Can an ultrasound show gas trapped in stomach?

I know this is a strange symptom, but I've been feeling for more than a week like I have a lot of gas trapped in my stomach that I just can't get rid of - like I have to burp, but I can't. Is there a procedure that I could get done to see if this is true? Would an ultrasound show gas? What could cause this feeling?
Despite is seeming like a minor problem, gas trapped in the stomach can actually be very uncomfortable. Physicians that can help deal with this problem include primary care physicians such as family doctors or internal medicine doctors. Gas gets trapped in the GI track after it gets swallowed while eating. If it doesn't have a way out, it can cause discomfort. Gas can show up with a variety of imaging techniques including abdominal x-rays or ultrasounds. However, these techniques are not typically used to look for gas. Usually gas is see incidentally when looking for other causes of abdominal pain. A thorough physical exam by your physician can find out if you have gas trapped in your stomach. Treatment can start with over the counter medications such as simethicone which break up gas bubbles. This medicine has very few side effects if any, and is tolerated well. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can examine your stomach and probably tell you whether you have gas without the need for any procedure. Depending on the severity of your symptoms, you doctor may recommend a medication or further testing to rule out other causes of trapped gas. Good luck.