How do whiteheads and genital warts differ?

I'm a woman in my early 30s and I've never had this sort of problem before, but I recently started getting flocks of small whiteheads on my labia. I know one of my former partners had genital warts so I just need some reassurance - these are different, right? How to warts and whiteheads differ in appearance?
Whiteheads are caused when skin pores are clogged closed by dead skin and other debris leading to a buildup of oil and bacteria which create a thick white material which can be expressed by squeezing. Whiteheads can become inflamed and are often tender or painful. Genital warts on the other hand are flat irregular skin growths usually attached on a wide base to the underlying skin. Warts are painless and they do not contain any white or other material, nor do they have hairs growing out of them. If this does not clear up the question for you, it is important to remember that genital warts are highly contagious and that they should be treated by a physician if present and that care should be taken to avoid passing them to sexual partners. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular concern would require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up a visit with your primary care doctor might be wise.