Can one have poor circulation in their stomach?

Some days my stomach gets really cranky and I have trouble digesting food. Is it possible that this is the result of bad blood circulation? I know it's a weird question but I ask because othe parts of me, like my hands, feet and nose have terrible circulation and sometimes don't do what they're supposed to.
Poor digestion can have many causes and some of them do require medical evaluation. The doctors who will be well qualified to discuss this issue with you include your primary care doctor. Trouble with circulation in the fingers and toes, especially if they turn blue and then white and then red and painful, is called Raynaud's phenomenon. This can be a sign of a rare connective tissue disorder, such as scleroderma. Scleroderma can also interfere with proper swallowing and functioning of the esophagus. So if you have these symptoms it is absolutely critical to get checked out! There are many other more benign causes of poor digestion. These can include common conditions such as heartburn or inflammation or ulcers in the stomach, lactose intolerance, celiac disease (gluten intolerance), and constipation. Even though these conditions are not as serious as scleroderma, they should still all be checked out as it sounds like the problem has been going on for a while and medical treatments are available. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular concern will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor as soon as possible is advised.

• Dr. James Morgan
    Dr. James Morgan MD
    330 Northgate Drive
    Manteca, CA 95336
  • Dr. Julien Dedier
    Dr. Julien Dedier MD
    725 Albany St
    Boston, MA 02118
  • Dr. Mark Siegel
    Dr. Mark Siegel DO
    1530 W. Glendale Ave
    Phoenix, AZ 85021