Can one have tendonitis around their pelvis?

Is it possible to get tendonitis of the pelvis? I have this kind of achiness that flares up when I do certain motions (sitting to standing, standing to lying) and it feels just a strained muscle. But it has been going on for long enough that I think it must just be tendonitis if that can even happen.
Pain in the pelvic region is a common reason for people to seek medical advise, and sometimes it does require medical treatment. The doctors who will be well qualified to discuss this with you include your primary care doctor or a sports medicine doctor if you think it is exercise related. The most common type of tendonitis that is found in the pelvic region is tendonitis of some of the hip muscles. Many of the hip muscles originate within the pelvis, which can lead to referral of the pain to that region. Two common forms include adductor tendonitis and ileopsoas tendonitis. These injuries are much more common in athletes and others who exercise regularly but can occur in anyone. Other causes of musculoskeletal pain in this region include hip arthritis, which is common in middle aged to older adults and usually manifests as aching pain with exercise (even just walking) that is worse after activity. Similarly, inflammation of the joint between the spine and the pelvis, called the sacroiliac joint, is very common. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular concern will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor is highly recommended.

Nearby Physical Therapists

• Amber Bloom
    Amber Bloom PT
    Physical Therapist
    902 Broadway
    New York, NY 10010
  • Dr. Laksman Shapiro
    Dr. Laksman Shapiro DPT
    Physical Therapist
    110 East 23rd Street
    New York, NY 10010
  • Manali Patwardhan
    Manali Patwardhan PT
    Physical Therapist
    110 East 23rd Street
    New York, NY 10010

Other Physical Therapists

• Dr. Boris Polonskiy
    Dr. Boris Polonskiy DPT
    Physical Therapist
    1835 Richmond Road
    Staten Island, NY 10306
  • William Lee
    William Lee PT, DPT
    Physical Therapist
    1841 Broadway
    New York, NY 10023
  • Dennis Ponteres
    Dennis Ponteres PT
    Physical Therapist
    1512 Broadway
    Hewlett, NY 11557