Hyperthyroidism - Is blackening of the roof of the mouth a sign of hyperthyroidism?

I have been losing weight and having some other problems that seem like they're thyroid-related . This morning, I noticed that the roof of my mouth is getting really dark - almost black. Is this also a possible symptom of hyperthyroid? I should go to the doctor, shouldn't I?
It sounds like you do need to see a doctor. A family doctor or internal medicine doctor may be the best initial physician to see. You may warrant referral to an endocrinologist depending on the results of your blood work. Hyperthyroidism is a syndrome where the thyroid gland produces too much thyroid hormone. Symptoms include weight loss, feeling hot all the time, heart racing, high blood pressure, insomnia, and diarrhea. Darkening of the roof of your mouth is not a typical symptom. However, darkening of the mouth can be a symptom of Addison's disease. Symptoms of Addison's disease are fatigue, weight loss, slow thinking, and low blood pressure. Simple blood tests for the thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) and a cortisol level can tell if you have either of these diseases. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can take a more detailed history of your symptoms and perform a thorough physical exam including looking at the roof of your mouth. You doctor will likely send off some blood tests including a TSH test and a cortisol test. These should help tell whether you have something wrong with your thyroid or adrenal glands. Good luck.