"After infection, how long does it take for thrush to appear?"

If I got a thrush from making out with somebody who has it, how long would it take for symptoms to appear? What are the first symptoms I would see? It has been over a week since this happened, and I don't have any problems, but I'm still worried. Can I take any precautionary steps?
Catching an infection when we are exposed to someone who has something is always a source of anxiety. Whenever you are unsure if you should be doing something to prevent or treat a potential infection, you should ask a primary care physician such as a family doctor. Oropharyngeal candidiasis (the technical term for thrush) is a common local infection seen in infants, people that wear dentures, people who are being treated with antibiotics or chemotherapy, people getting radiation therapy to the head or neck, or immune deficiency states such as AIDS. If you don't fit into any of these categories, your chances of getting thrush is quite low. Symptoms to look out for are white plagues on the tongue, inside of the cheek or in the back of the throat. These types of infections are treated with anti-fungal medications. I suggest that you schedule an appointment soon with you primary care physician. He or she can take a more detailed history and examine your mouth looking for any white patches or evidence of thrush. If you are showing signs of it, then your doctor and prescribe medicated mouthwash or oral anti-fungal medicines if necessary. Good luck.

3161 N Rock Rd