Are itchy pimples near one's scrotum a sign of genital warts?

I have bumps on and near my scrotum that sometimes get very itchy. Popping them makes them go away for a little while, at least. Could this be a symptom that I have genital warts, or a sign that I'm going to come down with them? I think I was exposed, so I'm being pretty cautious right now.
Any new growth on your genital area should be evaluated by a qualified physician. In this case, you could seek out an opinion of a primary care physician such as a family doctor or internal medicine doctor. Genital warts are caused by the human papilloma virus. It is passed through sexual exposure and can take weeks to months or even years to develop into warts. These warts do not tend to itch and they also do not have pus or sebum within them and thus don't usually pop. Therefore I don't think your description of your bumps are very consistent with genital warts, but there is no way to tell until a doctor looks at them. Other possibilities is that you have the occasional outbreak of acne on your scrotum. This should also be looked to and treated appropriately. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can perform a thorough physical exam and determine if the lesions you have on your genitals represent genital warts. If you do end up having then, then your doctor may prescribe a medicated cream to help you get rid of them. Good luck.