Does hyperthyroidism cause blood pressure spiking?

I'm worried about a handful of problems I have (I'm a woman, 33) that I think might be related to my metabolism. Recently, a nurse told me that my blood pressure was very high, relative to the way it was a month ago. Could this spike in blod pressure be related to an attack of hyperthyroidism, if that's what I have?
Thyroid problems are very common issues that young women face. Physicians that see patients for thyroid issues and other metabolism problems are primary care physicians such as a family doctor or internal medicine doctor and specialists such as endocrinologists. Hyperthyroidism occurs when the thyroid gland produces too much thyroid hormone. The typical signs are sweating, restlessness, always feeling hot, heart racing, always losing weight, high blood pressure, and many others. High blood pressure is usually isolated to systolic hypertension. This means that the top number of blood pressure gets higher, but the bottom number does not. For example if your blood pressure was 120/80 before, it might be 140/80 after you develop hyperthyroidism. If you have hyperthyroidism, there are a few possible causes but the most common one by far is Grave's disease. It is usually treated with medicines initially followed by radioablation of the gland and life long replacement of thyroid hormone. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can take a more detailed history and perform a thorough physical exam. Also, you doctor can send a TSH blood test to see if your thyroid function is normal. Good luck.