How late is too late for a period?

How late is too late to wait for your period? I really don't think I should be pregnant, but there is a chance I got pregant some time ago - and at this point, I'm pretty sure I've fully missed two periods. Is a pregnancy test the right thing for me, or is there still a chance I'll get my period?
Any changes in your cycle should be evaluated by a physician. The best type of doctor to see for this issue is an OBGYN or doctors">primary care physician such as a family doctor. The most common reason by far for a late or missed period is pregnancy. If you had sex (unprotected or protected) in the last few months, you should take a pregnancy test. To do this you can buy a home pregnancy test or go to your doctor for one. The home pregnancy tests, if used correctly, are very sensitive and will be positive if you are pregnant. The doctors blood pregnancy test is slightly better. Other causes of a missed periods depend on your age. If you are between 40 and 50, missed periods may be the beginning of menopause. If you are younger, then missed periods could be a hormonal or metabolic problem. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your OBGYN or primary care physician, whoever you see for your feminine health. You may want to go to the grocery store and buy a home pregnancy test first so that you can know whether or not you are pregnant before hand. Either way, you should see a physician for your abnormal periods.