What is an anteverted uterus?

I was getting an ultrasound recently and was told by the technician that my uterus was not quite anteverted, but that this was not a problem. Why isn't my uterus anteverted? Is there a way for a person whose uterus is in the wrong position to move it into the appropriate anteverted position?
Uterus positioning is characterized by the tilt of the uterus as well as the location of the fundus (top of the uterus). There is little to no problem with having any uterus position. If you are having gynecologic symptoms or further concerns I strongly recommend you discuss this with your OB/GYN. The tilting of the uterus can be either anteverted (tilted forward towards the bladder) or retroverted (tilted backwards toward the spine). A vertical uterus has no tilt and goes straight up. Approximately 75% of women have an anteverted uterus, around 25% have a retroverted uterus. There are no medical problems associated with position. Why this occurs is simply a function of development. There can be medical problems which change the position of the uterus (such as surgery, uterine fibroids, endometeriosis etc), but this is rare. The position of the fundus (top of the uterus) also is characterized: anteflexed means the top of the uterus is forward, retroflexed means the top of the uterus is backwards. In other words, anteflexed means the uterus looks like a C going forward. There is no effect on fertility based on any position. One can change the position of the uterus by surgery. Yet this is not required unless there are other gynecologic problems. Talk to your doctor.