How does one treat a uterine cyst?

I'm not 100%, but I'm getting pretty confident that I have a uterine cyst. If I do, what are the standard treatment options? I would really like to avoid surgery, if that's at all possible. Are there natural treatments for cysts that aren't as severe as surgery? I'm willing to take longer.
Uterine cysts are not a common condition. I strongly encourage you to see your primary care physician or OB/GYN to further evaluate and potentially treat your symptoms. A cyst is a fluid filled pocket. It is rare in the uterus. I wonder if you are experiencing symptoms of: (a) An ovarian cyst--cysts are far more common in your ovary and not your uterus. Ovarian cyst can cause pelvic pain and discomfort. These can be treated--however it depends on what type of cyst it is. Functional cysts are the most common--and these are estrogen dependent. Starting an oral contraceptive pill can treat this. That being said, there are more serious cysts--like endometriomas or ovarian cancer. This should be evaluated. (b) Uterine fibroids. These lesions in the uterus are not cystic but solid. These are overgrowth of the uterus muscle and can cause pain and extra bleeding during your period. These can also be treated with medicine. There are many different types of pills or injections that work. There are also other non surgical treatments that work--like uterine artery embolization. That being said, you must first have a good diagnosis before trying to treat. I encourage you to see you doctor. Asking for a pelvic ultrasound may be the first step in your workup. Good luck!

Nearby OB-GYNs