What causes vaginal burning after sex?

Why would a woman experience sensations of vaginal burning after sex? I don't think this could be a disease, because I don't have any other symptoms (blood, discharge, etc), and the pain never begins until AFTER sex, which also seems strange. What kind of problem am I dealing with?
Any symptom that you experience associated with sex can be a source of a lot of distress. Physicians that can help you with this issue include obstetricians and gynecologists and primary care physicians such as family doctors or internal medicine doctors. Vaginal burning and discomfort can have a lot of different causes. Certain vaginal infections such as vaginal candidiasis, trichomoniasis, and bacterial vaginosis are three infections that cause vaginal burning, itching, and discharge. It does not sound like this is your problem since you are not having any discharge, and your are only experiencing the pain till after sex. More than likely you are suffering from vaginal irritation from friction during sex. Anything you do to increase lubrication may help with vaginal irritation after sex (ie KY jelly). I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician or OBGYN whoever you see for your feminine health. He or she can take a more detailed history of your symptoms and perform a thorough physical exam. Your physical exam will likely include a pelvic exam with microscopic examination of any vaginal discharge. Likely, you will be cleared and given some advice on how to make sex more comfortable for you. Good luck.

Nearby OB-GYNs