Is spotting normal after exercising?

Is spotting normal for a woman who has just been exercising? I am a very dedicated athlete (rowing, running, cycling), and several times I have noticed myself spotting pretty soon after a really intense workout. I haven't heard about this from other women athletes - is it normal?
Sometimes spotting during exercise is not due to the exercise at all. For example, a small amount of spotting with ovulation at the midpoint of your cyce is very common. If the spotting is not occurring very frequently, it may be just that this is what is going on and that you have just happened to associate it with physical activity. Sometime birth control will also cause midcycle spotting. If you rule these possibilities out and you are still spotting, it may be that your exercise regimen is too vigorous for your body. You should then back of on your exercise regimen to see of the spotting clears up. If not, they you should probably be evaluated by a doctor. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular concerns will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor or your OB / GYN doctor might be advised.