Are clitoris lumps a sign of an STD?

If I have small lumps in and around my clitoris, how probable is it that I have an STD? I know I should get tested because I haven't in a while, but I'm also under the impression that the clitoris can develop these sorts of problems by itself even without a disease being present.
There are several potential causes of small lumps around the clitoris that should be evaluated by a doctor. The first are genital warts, which are an infection caused by the human papilloma virus. They usually look like irregular, soft, fleshy protrusions of skin on a wide base. They are usually painless. Another possibility is herpes, which is another sexually transmitted infection caused by the herpes virus. Herpes sores are initially rounded blisters filled with clear fluid that sit on a red base. When they rupture they can form small ulcers. They are usually quite painful or have a burning sensation associated with them. It is important to remember that if you have any concerns about a sexually transmitted infection you should not engage in sexual activity until seen by a physician to avoiding passing any infection on to a partner. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular condition will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor or your OB / GYN doctor is strongly recommended.