How can I find out the size of my uterus?

I understand that uterus size is very important for fertility and for carrying a successful pregnancy to term, but I'm not sure how to go about examining your uterus. I'm a 28 year old woman. What is the best way for me to determine my own uterus size / shape / position?
The best type of physician to see for issues associated with your fertility is a board certified obstetrician and gynecologist. You are correct that there are some aspects of your uterus which can effect fertility. Fortunately, your uterine size is not one of those factors. Uterine size is something that is assessed by you OBGYN during a physical exam. Often in a women that is not pregnant, the uterus cannot be felt through the belly. There are types of tumors and abnormal uterine growths that can increase the size of the uterus and make it easier to feel. This is why your doctor will always try to feel it in your yearly exams. There are variations in uterine structure known as uterine anomalies. These include uterine septi, bicornate uterus, and many others. These are basically different shapes for your uterus. These can sometimes change the likelihood of you getting pregnant and change the likelihood of having a miscarriage. These can be diagnosed by a pelvic ultrasound, a non-invasive imaging test that your doctor can do in his or her office. These tests are usually reserved for patients that are pregnant, having trouble getting pregnant, or having abdominal pain. Good luck with your trying to conceive!

Nearby OB-GYNs