Are calcium deposits in the uterus normal?

At an ObGyn visit a few weeks ago, I got an MRI that my doctor says showed calcium deposits in my uterus. Is this normal? She didn't say too much about it, but I'd like to know what kind of problems this could cause me in the long term.
There are two basic causes for calcium deposits in the uterus; neither of them are very serious. The first is that calcium can accumulate on the surface of an intrauterine device (IUD) and this can be picked up on MRI or other imaging studies. This is a normal deterioration of the device from reactions with body fluids, and it does not cause any medical problems. Some OB / GYN doctors will remove the IUD after it becomes very calcified. However if you do not have an IUD then the most likely possibility is that you have uterine fibroids or leiomyomas. These are benign tumors of the muscles cells in the muscular layer of the uterus. They are extremely common, occurring in up to 50% of middle aged women for example. As the fibroids mature over the years they often accumulate calcium deposits. This is almost certainly what was seen on the MRI. Fibroids are benign and they do not usually require any treatment at all. Sometimes, if they are very numerous or large, they may cause heavy menstrual bleeding, pelvic pain, or infertility. In these cases, your OB / GYN doctor might advise you to take certain medications or even undergo surgery.

Nearby OB-GYNs