Is weight loss common after a hysterectomy?

Is it normal to lose weight after getting a hysterectomy? I might have to get a hyserectomy fairly soon (depending on the results of a test I'm waiting for) and to be honest, I'll be more inclined to go ahead with it if I think it'll help me get my yoyo weight problem under control.
Many women choose to undergo hysterectomy, or removal of the uterus, and they often have questions about the implications of the surgery for weight and other lifestyle issues. The doctors who will be well qualified to discuss this issue with you in greater detail include your primary care doctor or your OB / GYN doctor. Unfortunately, weight gain rather than weight loss after hysterectomy is the common phenomenon. This is because the recovery period is generally 4 or 6 weeks. During this time, most people are sore and drastically reduce their physical activity level while still maintaining a relatively constant calorie intake. The result is weight gain. Also, sometimes hysterectomy also involves removal of the ovaries. This can induce menopause and cause major changes in the levels of female hormones. This has big effects for some women on mood, causing symptoms of sadness or anxiety, which can further decrease activity level or increase food consumption, leading to weight gain. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular concern will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor or your OB / GYN doctor to discuss options is advised.