Can one travel by car after a hysterectomy?

Can a woman travel in a car after getting a hysterectomy? Or does it make more sense for me to try to get a van or some other vehicle in which I can lie down? I just want to do whatever's easiest on m body, and I know the hysterectomy is a very demanding operation.
A hysterectomy, or surgical removal of the uterus, is a very common surgical procedure which is usually very well tolerated. The doctors who will be well qualified to discuss this issue with you in greater detail include the OB / GYN surgeon who will perform the surgery. After hysterectomy, there is often initially some pain and discomfort. The amount depends on personal variations in pain thresholds and also on the type of operation that is performed (abdominal versus vaginal hysterectomy). Nevertheless, after your doctor releases you from the hospital there should be no reason that you cannot travel in what ever way is most comfortable for you. There will be no safety concerns for traveling by car, but some women do prefer to lay down. After the surgery, you will have a recovery period of several weeks in which you may still be quite sore and find that being in the car for long periods of time is uncomfortable. However, this will improved gradually. As always the management of any concerns you have related to a hysterectomy are best managed by the surgeon who will be performing the operation. Setting up a visit with your surgeon to discuss your concerns is advised.