Do cysts frequently form on fallopian tubes?

How common is it for women to get cysts on their fallopian tubes? This was recently determined to be the cause of the menstrual pain I've been having, and I want to know 1. if this makes me likely to have the same thing happen again, and 2. if this makes me more likely to have cancer or othe rproblems.
The most common cause of a cyst on the fallopian tube is an endometrioma, a form of endometriosis. This also makes sense in the setting of your recent evaluation for menstrual pain. Endometriosis is a growth of tissue from the uterine lining in unusual places, such as the fallopian tube or ovary. It often causes significant abdominal pain that fluctuates with the menstrual cycle. Endometriosis very commonly recurs in various locations, and this could easily happen to you. Fortunately, the is no real risk of cancer from endometriosis. The other major cause of fallopian tube cysts are paraovarian cysts, which are cystic structures which development from remnants of the fetal reproductive system. They are benign but can sometimes cause problems because they can get very large and rupture or twist. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular concern will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your OB / GYN doctor is recommended.