What aside from herpes causes vaginal bumps?

What causes bumps to form on the vagina OTHER than herpes? I'm trying to do research about this, but everything I read keeps leading back to herpes, and to be honest, I really doubt that that's what I have - because I've only had one sex partner, and we were very safe. What are the chances that this is something relatively benign?
Herpes is a sexually transmitted disease caused by the herpes virus. It typically looks like small rounded blisters filled with clear fluid that sit on a red base. The blisters appear around and on the genitalia. After the blisters rupture, they can turn into small sores. The herpes lesions typically are quite painful or even give a burning sensation. Other things that can cause 'bumps' include clogged skin pores, which can give rise to whiteheads just like on the face or anywhere else. The often have some thick white material in them that can be expressed. Similarly, ingrown hairs, which cause red bumps where the hair shaft turns around on itself, are very common in the vaginal area. Larger, fleshy growths, which it doesn't sound like you have, might be genital warts. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular condition will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor or your OB / GYN doctor is highly recommended.