Can blocked fallopian tubes cause pain in legs?

I'm a 24 year old woman and I've been doing a lot of reading online (which is probably a bad idea), and now I'm convinced that I have a blocked fallopian tube. Is it possible for a blocked fallopian tube to cause leg pain? This is the one symptom I can exactly nail down, but the mysterious sharp pains way up in my thighs are worrisome.
Blocked fallopian tubes, or fallopian tube obstruction, is usually encountered in the situation of female infertility, as it is one of the most common causes of infertility. Basically, scar tissue narrows or distorts the fallopian tubes preventing passage of the eggs into the uterus. It would be very unlikely for a blocked fallopian tube to cause pain in the thighs. Occasionally, pelvic pain can be so intense or so diffuse that it can radiate around the abdomen. In fact, one of the most common causes of fallopian tube scarring, pelvic inflammatory disease caused by a chlamydia infection, can feel like this. However, this pain should not radiate into the thighs. Therefore, you should probably investigate other sources of pain. The most common cause of pain that radiates down into the legs is probably back pain and nerve pain from nerves originating in the back. What happen here is that pinching of the nerve in the back causes tingling and pain along the entire course of the nerve, down the buttocks and into the thighs and sometimes even the knees. Especially if you have had a recent back injury, or if this pain is getting worse, you should start by having an examination by your primary care doctor, who may recommend a further workup.

Nearby Internists

Other Internists