Can one reconstruct a uterus after a hysterectomy?

Is it possible to reconstruct the missing part of a uterus after a woman gets a hysterectomy? I'm 29 and I'm going to have to get a partial hysterectomy soon, so I'm trying to understand what this means for my future health.
A partial hysterectomy refers to a procedure where the uterus is removed, but the cervix, fallopian tubes, and ovaries are left behind. This is done instead of a complete hysterectomy in certain cases where removal of the whole uterus is not indicated. Most indications for a partial hysterectomy is the removal of a benign problem such as uterine fibroids. Once the uterus is removed, it does not grow back and pregnancy in the women is no longer possible. Uterine reconstructions are surgeries that attempt to put the functioning aspect of the uterus back together after an operation. Typically uterine reconstructions are done to a uterus that has had a fibroid or some other benign growth removed. The reconstruction is reserved for women that desire pregnancies in the future. If you desire to have kids in the future, then you need to need to discuss this with your OBGYN because a partial hysterectomy will not allow for this to happen. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your OBGYN. He or she will be able to tell you for sure what type of surgery you are having and what the long term implications are for you health. Good luck.

Nearby OB-GYNs