How quickly does a uterus shrink after a C Section?

What normally happens to the uterus after you get a C-section? I'm 27 and pregnant with my second child, and I'll probably deliver her by C-section. I understand that this leaves the uterus somewhat swollen / damaged. How long until it is fully healed?
Any time you have questions, or are uncomfortable with a procedure you will be getting, you should not hesitate to contact your doctor. During a C section the uterus is cut along its bottom and the baby removed through the opening. Shortly after the baby is removed, the uterus begins its shrinking process. This process is helped by the use of oxytocin, a natural hormone that we give a little extra of to slow bleeding. The uterus is sewed shut and so that the wound can begin to heal. It probably takes a couple of weeks before the wound is healed up and possibly months before the stitches in your uterus completely dissolve. The scar that forms will always be a little weaker than the natural uterine tissue, and thus, your next deliver will likely be a little different. Many women do deliver vaginally with a later pregnancy after having a C section, but these deliveries are at a little higher risk. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your OBGYN that will be delivering your baby. Discuss the reason why C section has been decided as your delivery method and the risks and benefits of having your delivery done surgically. Good luck.