Are endometrial cysts possible after a hysterectomy?

I'm 35 years old and earlier this year I got a hysterectomy. Now I'm having symptoms that are exactly like the symptoms I had when I had an endometrial cyst, back in my 20's. Is it even possible that I could have an endometrial cyst with no uterus?
Any time you develop new pelvic pain, it should be evaluated by a qualified health care professional. The best type of physician to evaluate this problem is an OBGYN. An endometrial cyst is a generic term that could describe several different things. It can cause pelvic pain which can be severe and I am going to assume that this is the symptom that your are having now and that you had in your 20s. Unfortunately, pelvic pain can be caused by many different problems. For most endometrial cysts, they will not return in any way after removal of the uterus. The one exception to this is endometriosis cysts which can return after a hysterectomy. If you had your uterus removed because of endometriosis, then it is possible that it has returned. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your OBGYN, preferably one that you have seen before. He or she can take a more detailed history of your pelvic pain symptoms and perform a thorough physical exam. Perhaps your doctor will want to perform a pelvic ultrasound to view the structures within the pelvis and see if there are any abnormalities. Good luck, and I hope you feel better.