ZocdocAnswersAre small appetites associated with enlarged uteruses?

Question

Are small appetites associated with enlarged uteruses?

I'm worried that my uterus is enlarged again (this happened once before, when I was in my early 30's), because I'm losing my appetite. I have some of the other symptoms, too. Are small appetites associated with having an enlarged uterus?

Answer

Anytime you develop symptoms associated with your pelvis such as feelings of fullness, you should seek out help from a qualified health care professional. In this case, the best type of physician for you to see is a OBGYN. An enlarged uterus can be do to multiple different types of conditions. It usually causes a feeling of fullness in the pelvis with the occasional feeling of something pressing on your bladder. Of course pregnancy is at the top of the list for women that are in their reproductive ages. If you think it is possible that you are pregnant, you should go to the grocery store and buy a home pregnancy test. Uterine fibroids are extremely common benign tumors of the uterus which can be cause an enlarged uterus. Adenomyosis is abnormal growth of the uterine inner lining into the outer layer. This can also enlarge the uterus. None of these causes of an enlarged uterus are associated with a small appetite. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your OBGYN. He or she can take a detailed history and perform a thorough physical exam. If your low appetite has resulted in significant weight loss, then you may need a further work up. Good luck