What acne treatment gets rid of blackheads?

What is the best acne treatment for getting rid of blackheads? I'm in my late 20s and my blackhead problem is just not going away, which makes me think I need to try a new technique altogether.
Acne is one of the most common medical problems and many people seek medical advise about it. The doctors who will be well qualified to discuss this issue with you in greater detail include your primary care doctor or your dermatologist. Blackheads are a form of acne that occurs when skin pores become clogged open by dead skin and other debris. Therefore, the mainstay of treatment is removing and preventing the buildup of this debris. To begin with, daily use of a good facial soap is recommended. Supplementing this with exfoliating treatments will also help. If these methods do not work, many people add a comedonolytic (debris removing chemical). One of the most common comedonolytics is benzoyl peroxide, which is available in many over the counter preparations. If the combination of these three methods does not work, then it might be time to consider stronger treatment. Both additional creams as well as oral medications are available by prescription from your doctor. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular skin concerns will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor or your dermatologist is recommended.

Nearby Dermatologists