Find doctors and make appointments online!

• Albany

Can whiteheads appear on the penis after sex?

Do men ever get whiteheads on their penis after having sex? I've got a couple small, white bumps on the head and shaft of my penis that I just found this morning in the shower. I had unprotected sex a few days ago. I'm 22.
Unprotected sex does carry the risk of contracting one of several sexually transmitted infections (STIs). Ultimately, any bump or spot you find on your penis in this setting should probably be evaluated by your primary care doctor to make sure it is not an important infection. Probably the most common sexually transmitted infection that can look like 'bumps' is herpes. The herpes virus is transmitted in oral or sexual fluids and it initially causes small round blisters. These blisters are usually filled with clear fluid and if you look closely you may notice that the blisters have a red base. The blisters may rupture, in which case you may just see a small ulcerated area. These herpes sores are usually painful or may feel like they are burning. Yeast infections can also be passed during sexual intercourse. These may cause small white spots that scrape off to reveal sore skin underneath. They will be more common under the foreskin or around the urethra. Sometimes infected hair shafts can occur on the penis. This is called folliculitis and is not a sexually transmitted infection (it is just a 'pimple'). However these are not very common on the head of the penis. In short, the symptoms you have are concerning for a sexually transmitted infection and you should get them checked out by your doctor.
(Dermatologist, Dentist, etc.)
(Zip, City, State)