Can skin cancer cause fingers and toes to peel?

Can skin cancer cause your fingers and toes to peel? I'm in my early 30's and I am extremely paranoid about skin cancer because two of my grandparents and my mother have all had it. I haven't noticed any one strange spot, but my fingers and toes have been peeling like crazy since the summer.
Skin cancer is a lot more common than people think, so I think its great that you are looking out for it. Only a physician performing an exam of your skin will be able to tell for sure if you have any spots that warrant a further evaluation. The best type of physician to look at suspicious sites is a dermatologist, though it is probably okay for you to first see a primary care physician such as a family doctor or internal medicine doctor. There are several different types of skin cancer but the most common are squamous cell carcinoma and basal cell carcinoma. Skin peeling by itself is very rarely a sign of skin cancer. In addition, it almost always starts off in sun exposed areas such as the face and neck. Thus, generalized skin peeling on your fingers and toes would not be a typical place for it to start. It is tough to describe with words what a spot of skin cancer looks like, so I encourage you to look at some pictures provided by your doctor (the internet is not reliable all the time). The best way for you to prevent skin cancer is to avoid unnecessary sun exposure (i.e tanning) and to where sunscreen frequently. It is not advisable to avoid the sun all the time because you need the vitamin D that sunlight provides for you. Good luck.