What cleansers help control blackhead outbreaks?

Is there a good cleanser for controlling blackhead outbreaks? It seems like the outbreaks really hit when my skin is oily, so I would think I should use something alcohol-based to strip the oil, but that has never seemed to work.
Acne is one of the most common medical problems and people frequently seek medical advice for it. The doctors who will be well qualified to discuss this issue with you in greater detail include your primary care doctor or your dermatologist. Blackheads are a form of acne that forms when skin pores becomes almost clogged off by dead skin, leading to clogging open with the debris which becomes blackened on the end. The mainstay of treating blackheads is therefore to remove the debris that is clogging the pores. Therefore the daily use of a facial soap is important, as is an exfoliating preparation such as those which contain microbeads. Most people also add a comedonolytic (debris remover). Several over the counter comedonolytics contain benzoyl peroxide. Daily use of benzoyl peroxide usually does the trick. If these methods do not work then discussing the issue with your doctor is in order as there are stronger medications available by prescription. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular concerns will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor or your dermatologist might be advised if the symptoms persist.

Nearby Dermatologists