ZocdocAnswersDoes SmartLipo work for upper arms?

Question

Does SmartLipo work for upper arms?

Is it possible to use SmartLipo on your upper arms? I feel like this brand is probably the best for me, but I'm not even sure about that. If that doesn't work, is there some spot exercise I can do to burn the fat away from my upper arms?

Answer

Maintaining a healthy weight is an important part of a healthy lifestyle as it can prevent the development of serious problems, such as diabetes and heart disease. Exercise is an important part of any weight management strategy. There are no exercises that can specifically remove fat from a targeted area of the body, as fat is evenly distributed over the body and it must come off in the same way. Although toning exercises of a specific area may increase the strength of the muscles under fat, therefore making the fat look less unsightly, this does not actually remove fat. SmartLipo is one of several well tolerated liposuction options that are available to patients, although it is expensive. A cosmetic surgeon will be able to use this technology to specifically remove fat from any area of the body that you specify. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular concerns will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor is advised.