How expensive is a full STD screening?

What exactly is involved in a full STD screening? I'm a guy, age 27, and I've never had one before but I know I should get one. How much do they cost? How many diseases do they check for?
STD screening should be a routine part of your yearly checkup especially if you are sexually active with more than one person. If you ever develop symptoms of an STD, you should be tested right away. The best type of doctor to see for routine screens for STDs is a primary care physician such as a family doctor or an internal medicine doctor. Routine STD screening is usually offered but not mandated by physicians unless the patient in question is at high risk for contracting illness (i.e. someone sexually active with multiple partners or men who have sex with men). Routine screens can be done for gonorrhea and chlamydia. There is a blood test to see if you have been exposed to syphilis. The HIV test also can be done at the patient's request or if you have specific risk factors (male homosexual sex or intravenous drug use). The same is true for testing for hepatitis. While we do have some tests for genital herpes, these are not usually done without open sores that are suspicious for herpes. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician soon to go through the screen. Depending on your risk factors, your doctor may recommend some of these tests and not others. Good luck.