Do spicy foods aggravate interstitial cystitis?

Is it true that spicy food can aggravate your interstitial cystitis? I'm trying to figure out if that's what I have, but I don't have any trouble with any kind of food, so it doesn't seem like that could be it if interstitial cystitis always causes that problem.
Interstitial cystitis is a difficult medical condition in which patients experience many of the same symptoms as a urinary tract infection (cramping, urinary frequency and urgency, burning with urination) but without any actual evidence for an infection. For many patients with interstitial cystitis, certain types of foods tend to make the symptoms worse. The foods most often associated with interstitial cystitis flares include carbonated beverages, alcohol, citrus and acidic fruits, processed meats, nuts, cheeses, and certain refined flours. However every patient with interstitial cystitis is quite unique. Therefore, some foods that effect one patient a great deal will not have an effect on another. In fact some patients with interstital cystitis do not notice any problems with any foods. Therefore, you should not rule out interstitial cystitis on the basis of association with foods. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular condition will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor is highly recommended.

Other Urologists