Can ambrotose help someone with Alzheimer's?

A good friend swears up and down that Ambrotose has helped his parent with Alzheimer's disease. I know ambrotose isn't a real medicine, but I'm doing everything I can to avoid Alzheimer's because both my parents had it. Is there any evidence that Ambrotose could help?
Alzheimer's is a degenerative brain condition which is the leading cause of dementia in the world. The condition leads to progressive loss of cognitive function coupled with extreme social impairment. There is no cure for Alzheimer's. Ambrotose is a nutritional supplement manufactured by Mannatec. There are no scientific studies supporting its use in Alzheimer's, although there are many anecdotal reports from individual patients who have found it to be beneficial. Since there is a greater risk for Alzheimer's in those who are overweight, have high blood pressure, smoke, have diabetes, and the like, maintaining a healthy lifestyle is the most important thing you can do to modify your risk of development Alzheimer's. Ambrotose or other nutritional supplements might be part of a healthy lifestyle for you, but they cannot replace exercise, diet, and the other essential components. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular concerns will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor might be advised.

Nearby Neurologists

Other Neurologists