What is the difference between Alzheimer's lesions and MS lesions?

I was recently examined for an evaluation of my multiple sclerosis, which has gotten significantly worse in the last 6 months. They said that they found several new MS lesions on the scan they took. I'm worried (probably too worried) about my memory loss. Is there a chance that the lesions are actually Alzheimer's ? How would they know the difference?
Alzheimer's is a degenerative brain condition which is the leading cause of dementia in the world. The condition leads to progressive loss of cognitive function. There is no cure for Alzheimer's disease Multiple sclerosis is a chronic autoimmune disease affecting the white matter of the brain and spinal cord. It causes waxing and waning neurological symptoms and is characterized by typical white matter lesions on brain scans. On the other hand, Alzheimer's does not have any particular specific findings on brain scans. Given the presence of multiple new multiple sclerosis lesions on your brain scans, it is highly likely that the memory and other new symptoms you are experiencing are related to your multiple sclerosis and not to also having Alzheimer's disease at the same time. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular condition will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your neurologist to discuss your concerns is strongly recommended.

Other Neurologists