Do brain lesions cause Alzheimer's disease?

I learned several years ago that I have several brain lesions that are of mysterious origin. I also know that I have Alzheimer's in my family, and I just read that Alzheimer's can produce lesions. Does this mean the lesions are the first sign of Alzheimer's for me?
Alzheimer's disease is a degenerative brain condition which is the leading cause of dementia in the world. the condition leads to progressive loss of cognitive function coupled with social impairment. There is no cure for Alzheimer's disease. Importantly, Alzheimer's disease is a diagnosis of exclusion. This means there are not tests that can confirm its presence. In other words, brain lesions that can be found on a brain scan are not typically associated with Alzheimer's disease. The finding of any brain lesion suggests that something else might be going on, such as multiple sclerosis, and that all other possible causes of the symptoms a patient is experiencing should be investigated thoroughly before decided that the symptoms are due to Alzheimer's disease. As always the diagnosis and management of your particular concerns will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor is highly recommended.

Other Neurologists