What causes regular fever and vomiting?

I'm in my early 20s and for the half year I've had this problem: I run a fever for a few days, I get stomach sick and have waves of nausea and vomiting, and finally I sort of sleep it off and get better. A few days or a few weeks later, it all starts over again. I can't find any illness that matches this description. What is wrong with me?
The symptoms you are describing are somewhat concerning, and they should be checked out by your primary care doctor as soon as possible, especially since they have been going on for over 6 months. It is not possible to say what might be going on without a good physical examination. Fever is a sign of many things in the body, including infections and various other inflammatory conditions. It is never normal to have a cyclical fever for more than a few days in the setting of a cold or other obvious illness. The first thing to establish is to actually measure your temperature when you are feeling feverish, as your doctor will want to know if there is objective fever or if you are just feeling flushed. If you have a objective fever, then the vomiting might just be a side effect of the fever, as this is a common reaction to a rise in body temperature. You should also think about any other concerning side effects you may be having such as chronic cough, especially with blood, night sweats (soaking the sheets), unexplained weight loss, swollen glands, blood in the stool or vomit, swollen or painful joints, or skin rashes. All of these symptoms will be helpful to your doctor as you work together to sort out what could be going on.

Nearby Internists

Other Internists