Book now. It's free!

Why would just one foot get cold?

One of my feet always seems to get cold. I'm a 34 year old woman and the thing that worries me is that it's just the one foot. Is this a bad sign? Does it mean there's something wrong with my circulation? Should I see a doctor about it?
Any time you feel like you may have a problem with your circulation, you should seek medical attention from a qualified health care professional right away. In this case, it is probably okay for you to see a primary care physician first such as a family doctor or internal medicine doctor. When only one part of your body is cold, it may be a problem with the arteries that are carrying blood to that foot. This situation is not that uncommon in people that have diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol. This can happen when one of the arteries gets clogged up. Another possibility is that you have a problem with the nerves coming from that foot causing a sensation of being cold. This can be differentiated by your doctor while performing an exam. I suggest you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can take a more detailed history of you symptoms and perform a thorough physical exam. Your doctor may try to feel for your pulses in your feet or perform an ultrasound to determine if there is adequate blood flow. If there a problem is found, you may need referral to a vascular medicine specialist. Good luck.

Other Cardiologists