Can herpes causes system infections?

Over the last decade, I have had several systemic and viral illnesses, as well as autoimmune flareups, from uveitis to viral meningitis. Just a few months ago, I was diagnosed with herpes. Could the herpes have caused my susceptibility to these other illnesses?
It sound like you have had a rough go of it. It is unclear from your question which is the best type of physician for you to see for your problem. Thus, it is best for you to first see a primary care physician so that you can be directed to a specialist if necessary. It sounds like you have had multiple different problems without a definitive diagnosis. This can be very frustrating. If you have had uveitis, autoimmune flareups, and systemic illnesses, it sounds like you may have some kind of autoimmune disease or immune dysfunction. A herpes infection is caused by the Herpes Simplex Virus and causes painful ulcer formation. While these ulcers can, occur during times when the immune system is not functioning well, it by itself does not cause susceptibility to other illnesses. In other words, you may have something that is putting you at risk for herpes outbreaks, the herpes does not cause the other issues. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. The two of you can discuss management of your herpes and prevention of flareups. You can also discuss you medical history and determine if other testing is warranted.