Is pregnancy safe for women with heart disease?

I had a heart arrhythmia treated several years ago with ablation, and I want to know if this puts me or my baby in danger if I ever choose to get pregnant. Should I just adopt if the risk is significant?
This is actually a tough question to answer. There are many different types of arrhythmias that can be treated with ablation and they mean different things to your health. The best initial physician to see for this problem is an OBGYN. Heart arrhythmias sometimes develop from abnormal circuits in the heart. Depending on the type, an arrhythmia can be very detrimental to a pregnancy both for your health and the baby's health. These circuits can be burnt away during an ablation resulting in a cure that can be longstanding. Many times, this means that the arrhythmia will not come back. If this is the case, then you should have no problem getting pregnant and holding the pregnancy. You will have to find out if this was the result of your ablation. On a side note, if you are taking anti-arrhythmia drugs, these may need to be put on hold for a pregnancy putting you at risk for re-developing the arrhythmia I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your OBGYN. The two of you can discuss your history of arrhythmia in the context of getting pregnant. Depending on the details of your history, your doctor may decide to consult with a cardiologist. Unless your particular situation is unusual, I don't think there will be a problem getting pregnant. Good luck.