What causes insomnia with dry mouth and eyes?

I feel like I'm going crazy. I'm 29, female, and I've hardly slept for days. I also have horrible dryness of the eyes, mouth, nose, throat, etc. What is happening to me? Should I go to a hospital?
Any time you develop symptoms that you think are driving you crazy and keeping you up at night, you should see a qualified health care professional right away. In this case, I think the best type of physician for you to see initially is a primary care doctor such as a family doctor or internal medicine doctor. Dry eyes and dry mouth can be due to many different factors. For one, a change in weather with dry air can cause someone to develop these symptoms. Another possibility is Sjogren's syndrome. This is a condition in which the immune system attacks the glands which produce saliva and fluid in the eyes. It causes extremely dry eyes and dry mouth. Although it is quite rare, I think that if you have severe symptoms, this syndrome should be ruled out. Sleep issues are generally not linked to Sjogren's but the uncomfortable feeling of dry eyes and mouth can keep someone up at night. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician right away. He or she can take a detailed history of your symptoms and perform a thorough physical exam. Depending on the results of your physical exam your doctor may decide to send off blood tests to look for Sjogren's syndrome. Good luck.

Nearby Rheumatologists

Other Rheumatologists