Can prominent muscles feel like breast lumps?

I'm a young woman and at the top of both of my breasts, I can feel sort of a bump. It's not very prominent but I still worry about it. Could this be cancer, or is that just the shape of the muscles under my breasts?
There are muscles that are located under the breasts, called the pectoralis muscles. Especially in thin athletic women these can be prominent just in the location that you have noticed. Also in thin women, sometimes the underlying ribs can be palpated and feel prominent. The fact that the bumps you have found are symmetric in both breasts makes them much less concerning and much more likely to be just what you think they are. Some other common breast conditions in young women that can be bumpy like this include fibrocystic breast changes, which can be symmetric, and which feel like ropy or lumpy and bumpy areas in the breast. In short, there are several good explanations for these findings other than cancer. However, for peace of mind, it is probably worth while to show these areas to a doctor. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular condition will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor is advised.