What causes a throbbing urethra?

I have a very bad pain in my urethra, and it's throbbing. I have never had sex before so it's not a disease. Will this go away on its own? Should I see a doctor?
The two most common causes of pain in the urethra are sexually transmitted diseases and urinary tract infections. Since you say you have not had sexual contact, this makes the first possibility less likely. However, remember that you can sometimes contract a sexually transmitted disease from any genital contact, not just intercourse. So if you have engaged in any sexual activity at all, this remains a possibility. More likely, you have a urinary tract infection. This occurs when bacteria get into the urine and begin to grow. The symptoms include pain with urination, frequent urgent urination, and a cramping sensation in the lower abdomen and bladder. Fortunately, urinary tract infections are easy to treat; after a simple urine test, your doctor will likely prescribe you a short course of oral antibiotic medications. As always the diagnosis and the management of your particular concerns will require a physical examination by your personal physician. Setting up an office visit with your primary care doctor is highly recommended.