Can pimples occur on the penis?

I am a 31 year old male and I just discovered a few days ago what appears to be a small pimple on my penis. It has a distinct granular feel, like a tiny rock, and it has a white head. It gave off fluid a few times but it doesn't seem to be changing in size or or going away. Is this a pimple? What should I do to it?
Any time you develop a new skin lesion on your penis, you should always have them evaluated by a qualified health care professional. The type of physician you should consult about this problem is a primary care physician such as a family doctor or internal medicine doctor. Of course, it is impossible for any physician to diagnose a skin problem without seeing it up close. A few possibilities that it could be is (as you said) a pimple. These do occur from time to time on the penis. In addition, in grown hairs are common especially on the back half of the penis. These are seen more frequently in men who shave their pubic hair. Of course, another common cause of a pimple like bump on the penis is genital warts. These are caused by the virus human papilloma virus (HPV) and is transmitted sexually. These do not tend to give off any fluid, making this a less likely possibility in your case. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can take a close look at the pimple on your penis. From there, your doctor can determine if any additional evaluation and treatment is necessary. Good luck.

• Dr. Ramin Samadi
    Dr. Ramin Samadi MD
    5900 Overton Ridge Blvd
    Fort Worth, TX 76132
  • Dr. Gladys Martinez
    Dr. Gladys Martinez DO
    1001 NW 13th Street
    Boca Raton, FL 33486
  • Dr. Paul Leitner
    Dr. Paul Leitner MD
    8540 South Sepulveda Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90045