How to treat small holes in cheek?

I am a 25 year old woman and I have a number of small (icepick scars?) holes in my cheeks that don't seem to be going away. Wearing makeup just makes them look worse because the makeup collects in them. What can I do? What about laser treatment?
The type of scars you are describing, icepick scars, are deep circular 'punched-out' lesions that are usually caused by bad acne earlier in life. Fortunately, there are several treatment options available to you. If there are a few scars that are very deep and pronounced these will probably not respond to laser or other similar therapies. Rather they should be cut out surgically, at which point future work down the road can help to smooth out the entire area. If on the other had, there are multiple spots that are not quite so pronounced, then a deeper dermal abrasion might be an option for you. This works by essentially mechanically scraping the skin, which in turn stimulates the growth of new skin, smoothing out the scarred areas. A deep chemical peel may achieve similar results to dermal abrasion, but at a lower cost, depending on the skill of the person performing the procedure. One final option is laser resurfacing. This is probably the most expensive option, but does have the potential for the most impressive results. It works in the same was as a dermal abrasion, but uses laser rather than mechanical abrasion to disrupt the skin. Your dermatologist is the doctor who is most qualified to help you think through these various options in more detail.

Nearby Dermatologists