How long does poison ivy scarring / discoloration last for?

I'm a runner and do most of my running in the woods near my house. I think it was there that I picked up a case of poison ivy back during the warm season. It got really bad on my legs and moved up to my arms and chest. The rash is now long gone but I still have discoloration that is really unsightly. How long will I have to wait for it to go away?
The first question I have about your case is whether or not you really caught poison ivy. Contrary to popular belief, poison ivy does not spread, it only occurs in areas of the skin that came into direct contact with the poison ivy leaf. Thus, for this rash to form on your arms and chest, you would have had to been exposed to the leaf in these areas. Nevertheless, with a history of being out in the woods, your rash still very well may be poison ivy. All cases of contact dermatitis such as poison ivy has the potential to leave the skin darkened and rough if the rash was left untreated. If you did not go out and get a steroid cream or other treatment for your original rash, this area of skin that still looks different may take a while longer to return to normal. I think that since the itchy rash stage is over with and you are still having problems, you may need to see a specialist. Therefore, I suggest that you schedule an appointment with a dermatologist. He or she can take a close look at your legs and determine if poison ivy was responsible for your dermatitis. If it was, then you may warrant treatment to get this stage to resolve. Good luck.