How good is Laser Genesis treatment?

I have very bad acne scarring from teenage acne, and one of my doctors is pushing me hard to get Laser Genesis treatment. What is the success rate with this treatment in the long term? What are the risks?
I am sorry to hear that you have had trouble with acne and are now dealing with some bad scarring. Fortunately, there are many treatment options available to you, including Laser Genesis treatment. Laser Genesis falls on a spectrum of laser-based treatments for skin problems. All laser-based treatments operate on the simple principle that causing damage to the skin stimulates cell and collagen remodeling and turnover, which can result in smoothing out of scar tissue and increased overall skin tone. Laser Genesis is a 'non-ablative' laser option, meaning that it is relatively gentle and produces not much more than a minor sunburned appearance to the face. It also does not require anesthesia. Most people who use Laser Genesis will experience some improvements in the appearance of their skin after completing 4 to 6 sessions of treatment. Because it is such a gentle treatment form, the risks are really quite minimal, although the high cost can be an issue. At the same time, since it is 'non-ablative' it is not as effective as deeper laser resurfacing treatments, which often require significant downtime and are painful but have a higher likelihood of dramatic improvements in deep scars. As always, make sure to ask your dermatologist to provide you with all your potential options before making a decision.

Nearby Dermatologists