Is this acne?

I'm in my early 20s, female, no history of skin problems. Just recently I started getting a rash that looks like acne all over my chin and neck. It does'nt come to a head ever but it sort of crusts over and disappears, then comes back up later. What is it?
Your condition requires attention. I would recommend you see your primary care doctor in order to have this evaluated. In addition, a dermatologist, or skin specialist, can also be of help. In general, acne can occur in various distributions on the body. Acne, or as its medically known: acne vulgaris, occurs when the sebaceous glands -- the glands that secrete sebum to lubricate the hair and skin -- become clogged. These clogged pores can become inflamed and thereby produce pimples. Pimples can subsequently become infected and develop pus drainage and crusting. It often as a cyclic pattern of coming and going. What you describe could be acne. In fact, it is the most common skin condition in women your age, so statistically this is makes sense. That being said, there are other things you should rule out. Impetigo is a skin infection that can develop crusts. Untreated (normally with antibiotics) this can cause significant problems such as bacteria in the plug. Other common skin problems include allergic reactions. Are you using a new necklace or cream? Other skin conditions include eczema or psoriasis. A dermatologist can evaluate this. I would encourage you to talk to your doctor. This should be evaluated for both diagnosis and treatment.

Nearby Dermatologists