Click to book now:

Is it normal to have white pubic hairs?

I am a guy in my mid 20s and have been noticing that some of my pubic hairs are completely white. Is this normal? I haven't herd of this.
The hair follicles that grow in your pubic region are no different than the hair follicles that grow on your scalp, your face, and the rest of the body. For this reason, it would not be difficult to imagine that just like the rest of our hair, that the hairs in the pubic area would eventually turn white or gray. From the description you have provided, it is unclear whether you have noticed white hair anywhere else on your body or whether this is solely in your pubic region. Even though you are very young, it is important to remember that everyone is different and so some people have a tendency to get white hair at an earlier age. Family history can be a cause for early changes in one's hair color. Do you have any close relatives that had a change in their hair color at an early age? Of course, it would be best to be evaluated by your primary care physician, because he or she will best be able to evaluate your medical history and presenting symptoms and decide upon the appropriate work up if deemed medically necessary, as well as possible treatment options if they are available.

• Dr. Joseph Sack
    Dr. Joseph Sack MD
    7570 W 21st St N